Protecting What Matters Most in Greater Lowell
Smoke detectors prevent injury, minimize property damage, and save lives. When you are alerted to the presence of a fire, you can get your family out safely. The licensed electricians at TF Electric install and replace smoke detectors in Lowell and the Greater Lowell area. If you need new smoke detectors, we can help you find the right products and make sure they are installed for maximum protection.
Quality smoke detectors that are in good working order are essential for your family’s safety. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reports that there is a 55% lower death rate in homes with smoke detectors present, compared with no smoke detectors or malfunctioning ones. Ensuring that your home is protected requires having quality smoke detectors installed in the right places.
Smoke detectors should be installed:
- On every level of the house
- In each bedroom
- In the hallway outside the bedrooms
You should make sure you have quality smoke detectors in Lowell installed in all the recommended places to optimize fire safety and protection. In addition to having them installed in the ideal locations, it is important to choose the right kind of smoke detectors for your home. There are a few main options for how smoke detectors are installed and powered.
Smoke detector options include:
- Battery-powered – A battery-powered smoke detector is powered by batteries, which need to be changed every six months to ensure that the unit is in working condition. Newer technology includes lithium-ion 10-year batteries that don’t need to be changed.
- Hardwired – These smoke detectors are hardwired into your electrical system. You won’t have to worry about them not working because the batteries are dead. They can be interconnected, so when one is trigged they all go off.
- Hardwired with a battery backup – This type of smoke detector offers the most complete safety protection. The smoke detectors are hardwired but there is a battery backup. If the power goes out, the battery power takes over to ensure that you are protected.
Hardwired smoke detectors need to be wired to your electrical system. A qualified electrician should perform the installation to be sure the smoke detectors are properly installed and the work is completed according to all current building codes. Smoke detectors that are more than 10 years old have a 30% failure rate, so replace your smoke detectors every decade to ensure continued protection.
At TF Electric, our electricians are highly trained, licensed, and insured to deliver exceptional quality electrical services. We can help you choose the right smoke detectors in Lowell and install them correctly. We are happy to answer your questions and provide a free estimate for your new smoke detectors.
If your smoke detectors need to be replaced, call (978) 307-8094 to set up an appointment.
- Safety is Our Priority
- 5-Star Services Like our Reviews
- Customer Care and Quality Experiences
- We're Committed to Excellence